Monday, January 11, 2010

"Almost Every Sunday Laser Series"


Back in October I started sailing in a new winter Laser series at Richmond Yacht Club. "The Almost Every Sunday Laser Series" The Richmond yacht club junior program invited the local laser sailors to come out and race with their junior sailors. The youths benefit from having experienced sailors racing with them and the adults get in some fun racing/practice in the winter season. It has been great! Depending on the weather we run between 4 and 6 races, which means I get to practice a bunch of starts and mark roundings. Currently I am 5th in the standings, even though I have missed a few days. Ranking is not my main focus in this series. I am using it as a place to try out new things... be it a new tacking method, or purposely putting myself in a bad situation in an effort to learn something new. It has been very rewarding so far!

1 comment:

  1. Logo Police here. We see you are missing your sports nutrition logos.
    John Shaft*

    *I'm an ordinary man and no one understands me but my woman.

    ReplyDelete