Friday, May 14, 2010

Oakland yacht Club Beer Can?

Beer Can? For the past three years one of my co-workers has been begging me to go sailing on his boat. And I have always been busy racing my own boats and stuff, so when my friend John Foster asked me for the millionth time, my soccer game for the night had been canceled so why not!

We were racing on John's Non-Such 22 "Blue Berries" which is kind of like a combination of a tug boat, a laser and a windsurfer. We only had one race which consisted of sailing around several different buoys, channel makers and other obstacles that are spread through out the Oakland/Alameda Estuary.

The wind was light and shifty but some how I was able to figure that funny little boat out and we managed to win our fleet for the night. We were so far ahead that by the time we got the boat back into our slip, the second place boat just crossed the finish line just as we finished putting the boat away. Not bad for my first time driving a Tug-Surf-Laser!

No comments:

Post a Comment