Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's Official!

2010 Treasure Island Sailing Center Thursday Night Laser Series Champion!

It came down to the final night! After 23 weeks of sailing I was leading the series by 5 points. After doing the math several times I realized that I was not untouchable going into the last night. The top 4 four boats were close enough in points to shake things up for the overall victory. Fortunately for me I saved my best night of the season for the last, I won 4 out of 5 races! I claimed the overall victory for the season! A hard fought second place was earned by Jon "Geezer" Andron, followed closely in third place was Mike Bishop.

Special thanks to the Treasure Island Sailing Center for providing the facilities for us. The volunteers that help organize the whole series week after week. Super Jr. and Super Duper for running the races. Finally the Laser fleet for continually pushing each other to sail faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment