Friday, January 21, 2011

Going to Miami!

That's right Miami! I will be taking off this Saturday to go compete in the 2011 US Sailing's Rolex Miami Olympic Classes Regatta.

The regatta consists of over 50 Nations and 700 athletes that takes place on Miami's Biscayne Bay January 24th-29th.I will be competing in the Laser class against 102 other sailors consisting of several Laser world champions, Olympic medalists, and a bunch of other former and future Olympians from around the world. It is safe to say that I will have my work cut out for me.

My main goals for the event are to gain as much experience possible in a large competitive fleet and do my best to hang with big guys! I know I am not the best guy out there but the knowledge that I gain during this week will help me become a better sailor in the long run. I am just focusing on keeping a positive attitude and looking forward to kicking some butt! Anything is possible, I might walk away with the event win and a spot on the US Sailing Team!

I will do my best to keep my Blog updated during the event so as to keep you informed. As well you can follow on the even website. http://rmocr.ussailing.org/Rolex_Miami_OCR.htm



No comments:

Post a Comment