Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Refitting my 505

For those of you who know me, and those who don't, I am very gung ho about anything I do. So when I'm not spending time with my family, sailing or at work, I love getting my hands dirty tweaking my boats. yes I said boats..

Currently I have two Lasers, a 505, Hobie 18 and the family boat a 1961 36'
Trojan Sea breeze Classic Woody, power boat/stink pot. I have spent countless hours keeping all them in tip top condition. Did I mention that I work on boats for a living and what do I do on my day off...

Over the past ten years I have raced and abused the heck out of my 505.
One of the most recent ongoing substantial projects that I have done was refitting/rebuilding my 505. It is a 1981 Rondar 505 Fiberglass construction with a combo of balsa and foam
core. At least that is what it was... I have spent countless hours upgrading and reinforcing it so that It can be competitive with the modern all carbon boats. Here are a selection of pictures from the process:







No comments:

Post a Comment