Thursday, March 11, 2010

March Madness!

It is going to be a crazy month of sailing! This weekend I have the Spring Dinghy Olympic Class Regatta at the St. Francis Yacht Club on the San Francisco city front. This is the first big regatta of the season. We should have 25 -30 boats on the start line. The wind either nukes or we work on our tans in the parking lot. I am hoping for a solid 15 knots and sunny sky's... Next weekend I will be travelling down south to the Long Beach Olympic Class Regatta at the Alamito's Bay Yacht Club. I have not participated in this regatta before, though I have race there a bunch in college. I am using this regatta as one last weekend of solid practice for the Mid-Winters West.

The last weekend of the month is the Mid-Winters West at the Richmond Yacht Club. This is a strictly Laser event that attracts competitors from all over the world, where there should be over 100 boats participating. The event counts towards my National ranking with the US Sailing team. This is the regatta that I have been training for all winter long.


With the 3rd place finish at the Richmond Mid-Winters last weekend, hopefully I can build on that and have some solid finishes over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment